Sunday, November 21, 2010

Share & Voice: SHIP meeting


Northeastern Minnesota Ship Regional Leadership Team Meeting:


On Friday, November 19th I had the opportunity to attend the Minnesota Statewide Health Improvement Plan meeting. It was actually very interesting and fun. I got the chance to listen to current plans being implemented right now, meet some very fun and important people, and was offered a volunteering job with Elissa Hansen, the NE MN SHIP Regional Coordinator. Some of the current programs we discussed were:
  • Breastfeeding Intervention
  • NE MN SHIP Update
  • Worksite Wellness Invention
  • Tobacco addiction
After discussing Worksite Wellness it really got me thinking that this is something I am really interested in. Fit City Duluth showed a PowerPoint presentation that had a lot of information on it and how to get involved. It makes me excited that I may have found something else I am really interested in. If you have any questions regarding SHIP or Fit City Duluth the websites are listed above.

*FYI: They also mentioned how we should let people know there is a Health Survey going on right now. According to the handout we received, "Starting in November, over 5,000 individuals in a nine-county area will be asked to respond to a telephone survey". It is very important to answer this call because it will only benefit your health. So tell around to answer this phone call it is NOT a telemarketer! Thanks :)

Image Source: http://www.health.state.mn.us/healthreform/ship/about/index.html


4 comments:

  1. Alicia, how cool! How did you get involved with Improvement Plan? I am impressed! It seems like a great networking tool and also a good place to get some info! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool Alicia. I didn't get a chance to see more information about it because your link didn't work. It sounds like you had a great experience tho =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great Alicia. I am glad you had some great networking opportunities. I will definitely answer my phone next time it is a number I do not have in my phonebook. What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, I'm glad that you found something else that interests you. The Fit City Duluth program sounds really interesting and is something that I might look into in the upcoming weeks. It's great to see that you are getting out there and making a difference when it comes to environmental health. Keep up the good work! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete