Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reflection: Weeks 9-12

I know everyone, including me, has said this over and over again but where has this semester gone?! I feel like three weeks ago we were just learning how to blog now we all have our blogs decorated fancy with cool backgrounds and tools and are making our posting so interesting and fun. Lets see, in the past four weeks we have learned a lot about:
I think two of the most important things we have done in the past four weeks are our advocacy and eco-chic projects. Because of this class I was obligated to find out about our political representatives. This actually made me happy because everyone should at least know who their representatives are. I am usually up-to-date with politics but this year I just had too many things going on. I also enjoyed being able to look on the Healthy People and THOMAS sites for current bills or proposals that are trying to be passed. Since our blogging groups are larger I was able to read about many different bills and why others' felt they should be passed.

Our SMART goals were another fun project. It was cool seeing how and why everyone picked their goals the way they did. Being able to receive positive feedback and constructive criticism from my groups members really helped me stay on track and become more eco-friendly.

Personally, I had a lot of fun with the photo essay. I was able to go to my friend Emily's farm, which I had wanted to do for a while. It was very exciting to be able to see things like this first hand because it puts things into perspective. It was also fun being able to see what others photo essays were about. I think our junking projects are going to be a lot like the photo essay. We are able to pick or make whatever we want to do and then show the class. I am excited to see what people make with their "junk".

Overall, besides learning a lot of from our eco-chic and advocacy projects, I have learned a lot from my group members. By switching groups and having to post individual messages on each blog I have got to know a lot of people in the class. I have read what others are doing, what interests them, and what they think of what I do. I love posting and reading the comments because then I get others' opinions and suggestions. Blogging is a good way to network, get others' opinions and ideas, and post what is on your mind.

Picture Source: Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License



4 comments:

  1. I think the Eco-Chic project was fun too! It challenged us to change a "normal" part of our everyday lives. It was also nice to have such encouraging group members to give us a good push in the right direction =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, totally agreed! Where did this semester go?! I also really enjoyed the advocacy project and junking projects! Your photo essay was so great! I'm really interested in organic farming and it's great you got to experience theirs! I'll miss being in your blog group! Good luck on your SMART goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what you said about blogging! I think it's been really fun hearing what all our group member have to say and getting a variety of opinions. The time has definitely been flying by but it's been fun learning so much through this course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, I totally agree with you, where has the time gone? I've also gotten to know more people and what their interests are, which is good because I don't really know many people in our classes. I also really enjoyed the photo essay portion of the class because it gave us the chance to see what people are passionate about. Again the time has indeed flown by but like you I've learned a ton of interesting stuff during the process and can't wait to see what lies ahead. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete